Thursday, November 29, 2012

Temporary Foster Puppy

My local library is like a community center. Well, yesterday, the main volunteer found this puppy in the bathroom. According to the vet, she's about 3 months old, possibly some sort of Rat Terrier or Jack Russell mix. No one was able to take her until we find her home or a temporary foster home, so she's in my brothers room. We have Bailey, my foster dog, and Rory separated from the living room, it's just too much work. (The puppy is being kept in my brothers room.)

I have 3 people interested in adopting her, and a great friend of mine has offered to foster her until she finds a home. :) At the moment, things are pretty chaotic here. Rory doesn't know she's in the house, so all is good for now.

I've been working on the Surprise Party Game with Rory, and he is getting the hang of it. I'll be practicing with some distractions tomorrow, and if he behaves, I'll start with the dogs at a distance. I have my fingers crossed!

Once the puppy we found gets adopted or a new foster home, I'll go back to my regular routine with Rory. For now, he has to deal with no playtime with my brothers. That will be awful for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment