Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Another Good Day


Rory greatly dislikes his head collar, but I absolutely LOVE it!! He hasn't completely stopped pulling on the leash, but now I have better control over him. The head collar doesn't work for all dogs, but it's definitely something you should look into if you're having trouble walking your dog!

I'm on my own with training Rory. The only 2 positive dog trainers near me have not replied to my e-mailes. Their websites don't have their phone numbers on there either, only their e-mails. But that's okay! This morning I did a training session with Rory and Shiloh. I had my mom hold Shiloh down on the other side of the road. I had Rory a good distance away, and every time he glanced over at her he got a treat. He didn't growl, bark, or pup his hackles up! I'm going to do this a few more times this week, staying away at good distance.


    Rory also visited the library today. He was much better about not jumping on people. I don't allow my dogs to walk up to people, unless they ask to pet him, so I had him practice sitting at my side while people walked by us. He did a fantastic job, which surprised a lot of people. He's improving, slowly, but all that matters is he is improving! 


Rory is now on Twitter! @Rorythekelpie 


3 comments:

  1. It's always a step at a time and being consistent. Shh! Sometimes, I mess this up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! I love how Rory was allowed to go in the Library. Congratulations to you both. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great that Rory is doing better around Shiloh and that' great he's better about not jumping on people.

    ReplyDelete